*spoilers in this but honestly you should not care
I’ve been reading a Drakengard 2 let’s play and it’s boring mostly save for a few times
but also! I hate hate hate that they introduce these important characters, the Lieutenants who now guard the Seals, who have their lives linked with them (if the Seal is broken they die and vice versa I think?) But they barely get any screentime. Like… at all.
They have unique personalities, seem powerful, have pacts and unique pact-beasts of their own, interesting designs, and backstories
Yaha (the blonde elf) knows one of the main people (he was in love with him!) and Hanch (the woman) helped murder the main character’s adoptive human father!!!
Zhangpo easily appears the most out of these three but it isn’t even that much? He also DOES NOT show his pact-beast in the game for some god awful reason?
"ahh it can’t be that bad Samantha" you’re wrong. you wanna know how much these fucks appear on average?
about 3 cutscenes
- the intro cutscene where you meet them all at the same time (each having 1-3 lines)
- Before their boss fight (1-3 mins)
- After their boss fight where they DIE (1-3 mins)
Now Zhangpo you don’t actually fight because you are working with him at the time, so because of this he has a tiny bit more cutscenes then the other two
But the other two make up for that with some banter during their boss fights. But still. Incredibly disappointing.
I highly doubt they’ll come back to life considering in the first game all seals being broken = apocalypse fun times
Gismor seems like the main villain overall so far and he definitely gets all the “I’m evil and I hate you lmao” screentime but come on. Give your lackeys some too.
Other things that really piss me off
- Cutscenes are terribly done, are mostly static screenshots 80% of the time or just panning around the area while people talk. Hanch’s pre-boss cutscene is literally just screenshots.
- remember one of the main villains from the first game? That crazy possessed dual voiced little girl Manah? She has amnesia because she threw herself off a cliff to get away from Caim showing her how much shit she caused. So! She is completely boring compared to her old self! Amazing! She is also trying to destroy the seals again to free her oppressed people! AMAZING!!
- The only character I was actually interested in so far was Hanch, so much for that
at least Caim showed up and Manah basically peed her freedom fighter panties
Posted 22 hours ago With 8 notes